These last 2 years have grown and changed me in ALL sorts of ways! I'm a major procrastinator in a lot of areas...especially when it comes to packing...but something came over me these past couple of days and I've nearly gotten everything packed for the upcoming move across country! (Mama, in my head, I just saw your eyes get big and your jaw drop in amazement.) Maybe it's living with someone who is so the opposite of being a procrastinator, I don't really know the word for that, but it's been a good motivator, PTL!
I even tackled the kitchen yesterday, deciding what to take and what to pass on to others. We're trying to get everything situated since we're having to move everything but the furniture out of our apartment before we leave. I think that every time our friends
have come over these last couple of months they've left with something in their hands (clothes, blankets, old suitcases, stuffed animals, coat hangers, towels, office supplies, family photos, shoes, all sorts of odds and ends). The funny thing though is that you have to be able to carry whatever you take b/c you don't have a car parked out front to stuff it in...you have to walk either 1 km to the bus stop or find a taxi somewhere on the street. The pic on the left is Anna heading back to the dorms with a suitcase full! I'm still sore from yesterday, hauling our old Christmas tree over to a friend's house under one arm, and a bag full of overflowing kitchen supplies and books under the other, the few blocks on foot to her house. :)
Joy managed to fit everything that she's taking back to America in 2 suitcases (and she doesn't even need all the space). She amazes me, and she is truly one of the most productive and practical persons I know. I think the only thing left in her room is the sheets on her bed, and a few clothes in the closet...and it's been that way for a least a couple of weeks!
This is me making sure all my luggage is gonna close up...and not fly open & hurt anyone in transport (That comment's for you Daddy. ;))
The only potential problem that I could run into at this point is not being able to transport (aka lift) the luggage by myself! My specialty is definitely not lifting heavy things (I'm more gifted in the changing light bulbs/reaching the bowls on the top shelf department). So as silly as it may sound, please do ask that it won't be a problem getting all 5 bags and the additional carry-ons out of the airport when I arrive on the other side of the country!
Seriously, thank you SO much for the thoughts you've been lifting for us as we're packing up! Can't wait to update you at the end of the month about all the good things that've been going on!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment