Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pagoda Climbing & a Visitor

Katie, a good friend of Joy-my former roomate, came and spent a few days with us last week. One morning we went to a park in town and had the chance to climb up in this old pagoda. When I say old I mean like a 1,000 year history or so. I've seen a lot of pagodas on this side of the world, but this was my first chance to go inside of one.A sign inside the pagoda:I agree! :)

The pagoda was around 7 stories high...so up and up we went on a narrow spiral staircase.There were several of these signs on the climb up:And I managed to make it all the way up without a concussion! :)

The doorways were barred at the top so we couldn't walk around, but I got a shot of the view through a window.

The way back down was a little tricky. You can tell from the pic below how steep it was:My size 10's didn't exactly have enough room to get a firm foundation on those baby steps...so I climbed down backwards.

A few scenic spots around the park:

On Katie's last night I took her to eat EA BBQ!EA BBQ is SO good...bascially whatever you can think of that is "spear-able" you can order...they throw it on the grill and when it's done season it with yummy-ness and spicy sauce. I hadn't ordered for just 2 people in a while so we ended up with a feast!

No comments: