Sunday, March 11, 2007

That's gonna leave a mark!

We began language school this week! We were SO excited about starting school Monday, but boy were we in for a surprise! All of our classmates are from another country in Asia, and have been studying our new language for much longer than us! The good thing is that to communicate with them we have to use the language b/c they know only a few words in English! Thankfully by the end of the week our teachers realized how far behind the rest of the class we actually are! So in addition to our regular schedule we'll be studying w/ our teachers in the afternoon as well! Woohoo...30 hours a week of language school! I'm so grateful that I know who's in control and who knows exactly what I need...because other wise I'd be feeling a little stressed! Hopefully this will help us pick up language way faster than we expected!Another fun surprise was that our advisor signed us up for a shadowboxing, or Tai Chi, class one night a week! While we were jogging laps around the room at the beginning of class to warm up, I failed to notice an electrical outlet protruding out of the middle of the floor and did a graceful little tumble onto the floor! I was laughing so hard, along with all my classmates and I just kept saying "bu hao yi si" (I'm embarrassed)! I got to redeem myself though, because during the break I figured out how to tell my instructor that I had studied ballet and I ended up getting to lead the class through some of our exercises! How funny! All those years really did pay off Daddy!

After our Tai Chi class we got to meet and watch some guys bust a move! They were break dancing to some old hip-hop/techno songs! It made my heart glad to watch them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PEPTO SPICE!! You know all that hard work paid off for sure girl. From Butterflies to the Sherrif (my personal favorite, only b/c I love the Sherrif)...to the wild wild west and time in a bottle...girl you know it paid off!! Can you get some video of the break dancers and put it on your blog? That would be too cool!! Love ya!