Thursday, November 6, 2008

Biology 101

It's crab season here in the city, so of course we had to try some out. I wish I'd taken the camera when a local friend took us to buy the crabs. We bought them on a little alley that had all sorts of "parts" of animals lying around, and the crabs were in big buckets crawling around. I don't know much about crabs at all, but it looked as though they were foaming at the mouth struggling to breathe trying to stay alive. So we brought them home, scrubbed them down, and threw them in the pot to boil.
When the were ready to eat, our friend taught us how to tell the difference b/w the males and females. :)And then we ate the ENTIRE insides of the crab, even strange yellow gooey stuff, and other juicy stuff! It was sort of like doing a disection similar to the one you would do in Biology 101. :)

No comments: