Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Big Show

This week marks my Dad's 30th year of service at UPS!
30 years ago this week he began working night shifts, while both taking classes at ABAC and spending time with his sweetheart (my sweet Mama)!
Daddy, I emphasize service because it's what you're gifted at and dedicated to doing...meeting the needs of others! You've always worked longer hours than anyone I know...yet every single event in my life that I've wanted you to be a part of (big or small), you've gladly put the rubber to the road and made it there! Not to mention putting in endless hours of quality time with Ross and I afterwork (basketball on the red-clay driveway, go-kart races, hilarious bedtime stories...just to name a few). There is such a humbleness and simplicity to the way you live...that I deeply admire and truly respect!!! I love you Daddy, and I'm so proud of you!
So if you see my Dad this week, give him a word of encouragement and thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not only does he put the rubber to the road, but he also puts the Armor-All to the side steps!! Whoooo-hooo!! I love you Ash (and the Big Show too!!)