
This past weekend we traveled out to the countryside to visit our friend Sally's family and hometown. I had such a great time...so great that I've dedicated the following 4 posts to stories and pics of our time there!

The first night we arrived, we went out for a walk around the town. We got to watch ladies dancing, people singing karaoke to the sound of ancient Asian instruments ("erhu karaoke"), and eat some sugar cane!!


The next day we went out to her relatives homes, and spent the day with them! Her relatives were so gracious to us, and really made us feel like part of the family! I was absolutely blown away by the Maker's handiwork...that these people call their backyard!

This is the house of one of Sally's aunts.


When we first arrived, we went trekking through the fields to pick oranges.


As I was walking around I kept thinking about how everything these people are as farmer's of the land depends upon the hand of their Maker...though they've yet to acknowledge it.
"The Maker is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love...
he is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made...
The eyes of all look to you,
and you give them their food at the proper time.
You open your hand and satisfy the desires of every living thing."
Ps. 145
No comments:
Post a Comment